2016年11月6日 星期日

2016 Rostelecom Cup - Ladies

1. Anna Pogorilaya

Unsurprisingly the winner of this event. She has been look sharp and strong since this season. All of her jumps were attacked with great confidence. It REALLY looks like that she cannot miss! Her lovely SP, skating to the tango of "The Scent of a Woman", brings out her maturity and elegance with the absolutely gorgeous costume. 

Her programs are so much better, in terms of consistency, technicals and and artistic presentation. She gives so much emotion and commitment to her FS this year compared to her rather mediocre Scheherazade last year. Her presentation builds with the intensity with the music and reached a climactic ending that brings only chills to my spine. Not the most intricate choreography, but her effort and connection with the music makes the whole program only more effective. 

I personally prefer her programs more than Evgenia's this season. I am sure Anna has a large chance to claim the throne at Russian Nationals this year. 


2. Elena Radionova

Elena has always been one of my favourite Russian girls because of her fighter spirit. She has posture problems in recent seasons because of growth spurt but she always tried her best and fight. To me, she seems a little taller again this season. 

Back to her programs, this is my first time to see them, and so far I like the SP more than the FS. It is new to see her doing a lighter program because she always does things that are dramatic. I am still trying to get the idea of her SP because of the music and her interpretation, but it looks okay. 

Her FS, is not my cup of tea yet, not because it is Turandot again, but because I dislike the female version of "Nessun Dorma". If I am not mistaken, the singer was Sarah Brightman, whom I dislike when she sings opera. I just don't like the style. Also the program still looks very raw, the choreography and the interpretation just left me with question marks. I look forward to a better one in the future, and I am sure she has a chance for the podium at Russian Nationals. 


Julia Lipnitskaia

Everything just looked so damn GOOD in the short!!! The jumps were soft, the skating was smooth, and spins were awesome as usual, the presentation was lovely. I thought she is gonna nail her free! But fate just likes to play with us. I had no idea where her sudden knee problem come from. Was it recurrent? Or did she just injure herself that day? Because there was absolutely no sign of discomfort in the short program. I was really hocked to see this. I salute her determination to continue, but her health is the most important. I hope she can come back strong in her next competition. 


Courtney Hicks 

So this is a surprise bronze medal for Courtney. She is a big jumper, her jumps can be really strong when she hit them. I don't particularly feel her interpretation and presentation of the program though. So, I don't really have much to say. 


Zijun Li

Zijun is, IMO, underscored (again) in her SP. I agree she looked little bit tentative, but her choreography and presentation was so much better than last season and one of the best in this event. The same thing happened in the free. Her feelings and interpretation are crystalline. She just glitters and oozes grace in her skating which is a rare quality and lively to watch. I am sad that she just missed the podium by one point. I hope she can ascend to it in her next GP event (and given a just score).

Elizabet Tursynbaeva

I am actually happy that she keeps her SP, it was delightful to watch. I like her FS this season better than last season's because there is more music going on. Her FS last year barely has any music but just lyrics, which I don't prefer. So her FS this season is much more enjoyable. Elizabet's fast and light skating, coupled with Joe Hisaishi's refreshing music, creates a beautiful picture on the ice of a glittering skating princess. I think her FS score is also a bit underscored given that she produced such an amazing program. Anyway, everything in this program is so beautiful to watch. I look forward to see her more in the future. 


沒有留言:

張貼留言