2016年11月6日 星期日

2016 Progressive Skate America - Pairs / Ice Dance

Pairs 

Wow I can't believe this is just the first GP event where I expect new and refreshing skates but not much programs have impressed me! What happened?

2. Haven Denny / Brandon Frazier

This is the first time I have seen them, and I think they are absolutely delightful! Their shoer was refreshing, the technical was also very consistent, especially the throw jump, it was huge and far. Very impressive. Their long, while not as interesting as their short, is still a program yet to grow. I actually like this pair, they are charming and refreshing, I hope they will become one of the top pairs in the States.


The rest...

Honestly, the rest is quite disappointing. They sure did the lifts and jumps, but they didn't quite sell the program well. I really can't think of what to say.




Ice Dance


1. Maia Shibutani / Alex Shibutani

I enjoy their SD, so full of style and charm. You can tell they really put a lot of effort in it. They picked a lyrical piece for their FD this year, I liked it in general, they did nice steps and good lifts, but it still hasn't grown in me yet. I hope it will as the season progresses. It was overall a lovely routine this season.


And the rest...

Honestly, I like the SDs of most of the teams, but I just didn't find their FDs very interesting...it was quite underwhelming. I didn't remember anything besides the Shibsibs, they were the clear winners. The rest? I don't really care!



沒有留言:

張貼留言