2016年10月30日 星期日

2016 Skate Canada - Ladies

1. Evgenia Medvedeva

The Tano Queen continues to be technically consistent this season so far. But I just can't take the scoring. Her PCS is way too much compared to what she delivered artistically. Her SP, according to herself, tells the story of a young girl growing into an adult. I admire the idea, but she does not seem to be able to present that well. The hopscotching and rope skipping represents the girl stage, that 's ok, but I got lost at the "Adult" part. I don't see any choreographic movements that represents a full-grown lady.

Her FS is even more of a mess. Despite the theme that some people find offensive, the composition of the program is almost the same as her previous FSs. The entries and the exits are the same, the arrangement of the technical elements is almost the same. The step sequence and the choreographic sequence does not match the music at all. It is almost a copy and paste, which is unfortunate because she has so much to offer but she just can't work with the right people to fully display it. Having said that, I fully disagree on her PCS scoring, especially the 9s on interpretataion, composition and the high 8 in Skating Skills. I hope she can change things up a little instead of just giving the same content with a new package.


2. Kaetlyn Osmond

Kaetlyn is the biggest surprise of this event. She just looks so sharp! The attack in her jumps is just unmatched. The energy and the power she gave in her SP is so intense that you just think she could not miss a thing. In fact it was as if she was gaining energy as the program progresses and the music builds. Edith Piaf seems to be a perfect match for her.

Her FS is a nice one too, she shown a lot of emotion and expressions throughout. The jumps are also superb despite the fall. I would love to see a more poised choreography though, the expression might have been a little too much for me.


3. Satoko Miyahara

I admit that a few jumps in her SP look a little tight, but I honestly don't think the edge call on the flip was reasonable. The edge was at most a flat edge, definitely not an outside. I thoroughly like her sweet and grand SP, her smile is just gleaming!!!

Her FS is a master piece, her energy is obviously galactic. The commitment and emotion and artistry is one of the best in the field today. She is powerful but graceful at the same time, absolutely amazing artistry. Despite her ridiculous lower PCS than Evgenia, I was shocked to see her step sequence invalidated. Like how is that even possible? It went well in all the pre-GP events, including US Classics. I honestly could not understand the call. The scoring is so preposterous that makes me sick. But thankfully she is still on the podium, she has a chance to go to the Final, where she will slayyy~


4. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

I am so happy to Liza consistent on her jumps, her jumps are one of the best today. A great step forward on her comeback. Though her music choice this season seem not to match her, and the choreography is lacking too. I hope she can find her best music and work with a better choreographer.


5. Alaine Chatrand 

Alaine has become more consistent on her jumps. After her triumphant FS at Autumn Classics she managed to prove to the others that she is still Queen of Canada. Her technicals have strengthened a lot, spins and jumps and edges etc.. Great job to her and her coaching team. This season's programs are epic for her, I enjoyed it so much. I hope she can continue to be strong throughout the season.

6. Rika Hongo

I don't know what's up with the judges, but they just seem to not like Rika. They always gave her low PCS, which I disagree, because her choreography, interpretation and performance were spectacular. She might not be the most elegant type of skater, but she gave what she can produce. Her programs this season are great, especially the SP, it was an epic program and should deserve a higher PCS score. I am outraged by the overly harsh call on her jumps. Yes some were URed, but definitely not downgraded. The inconsistent judging this season has appalled me. It is unjust. Shame on you ISU. Everyone comment if you are #justiceforRika.

Her FS was a lovely piece, I particularly like the energy in the second part. The first half can be more rich in choreography (Work on that Akiko! You can do it!). But it was an enjoyable one to watch.






沒有留言:

張貼留言